Trying to get a scholarship? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
roddy4

New

Trying to get a scholarship?

Post by roddy4 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:57 am

I was accepted to a T14 but haven't been offered any scholarship/grant aid. I have a median GPA and LSAT between the 25th and median. I know I'm not a prime candidate for major aid considering I have't received any scholarships from anyone inside the T14. Is it ok to send an emailing saying something like "While I would love to attend your institution, my current financial situation has led me to consider other options. I feel your school is the best school for me and would appreciate any scholarship consideration available." I realize it's a long shot without leverage. Do schools care enough about their yield that something like this could work, or would they essentially "call my bluff" (even though I'm not bluffing). Thanks

Neatrends

Bronze

Re: Trying to get a scholarship?

Post by Neatrends » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:54 am

The worst that can happen is that they'll say "no can do, bud." So it is definitely worth a shot considering there's a remote chance that sending a quick e-mail will reduce the amount you pay by thousands. They definitely aren't going to take back your offer of admission thats for sure. Just make it sound sincere, good luck!

Return to “Financial Aid”