How soon do I hear back after filing FAFSA?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Kess

How soon do I hear back after filing FAFSA?

Postby Kess » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:05 am

I am starting to worry that I did something wrong that I have not yet heard back from schools after filing my FAFSA on Feb 26... Thoughts?

PolySuyGuy

Re: How soon do I hear back after filing FAFSA?

Postby PolySuyGuy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:21 pm

Kess wrote:I am starting to worry that I did something wrong that I have not yet heard back from schools after filing my FAFSA on Feb 26... Thoughts?

Some schools sent me an email within a couple of days saying that they received my FAFSA information and other schools have completely ignored it.

You can always contact the school's financial aid office. You can also recheck your FAFSA etc.

If it was submitted without any problems or corrections, I personally wouldn't worry about it.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Like the above poster said, schools may or may not acknowledge receiving your FAFSA. (Do make sure you've submitted everything each school is asking for. Some also require Need Access, or a supplemental application that may include essays, etc.)

If you're asking about when you'll get info on the financial aid package the schools will be offering you, including loans, that's probably later this month. (Or maybe April for some schools, I dunno.)

Kess

Postby Kess » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:40 pm

Thanks for the responses. I will likely contact the schools next week.

Return to “Financial Aid”