How do I submit Need Access without Parent Form

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
jrthor10

How do I submit Need Access without Parent Form

Postby jrthor10 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:13 pm

I submitted with parent info for one school that required it, but then I deleted that form. How do I submit now without parent info? Every time I try and submit it, it says I can't and have to fill out parent info...

PolySuyGuy

Re: How do I submit Need Access without Parent Form

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Last edited by PolySuyGuy on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:52 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
jrthor10 wrote:I submitted with parent info for one school that required it, but then I deleted that form. How do I submit now without parent info? Every time I try and submit it, it says I can't and have to fill out parent info...

One of the main points if not the main point of need access is to obtain parent information. Without it the Need Access forms are useless.
Some schools don't ask for parental info. Don't speak unless you know what you're talking about.

OP, What you should have done was submit the same form to all schools. Schools that don't request parental info don't see it. They only see the info they request from NeedAccess. (Northwestern has said this specifically.) NeedAccess takes all the info requested by all your schools and combines it into one form for you to fill out, and then sends each school what they want.

I would suggest contacting NeedAccess and seeing if they can rescue your form and submit it to the other schools or something. (Why did you DELETE it, anyway? That seems strange.)

PolySuyGuy

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Last edited by PolySuyGuy on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrthor10

Postby jrthor10 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Thanks to the OP for the help (and I do have a worksheet saved, so no big deal)

To other poster, Many schools DON'T look at parent info (ie northwestern) for students like me, who are not financially supported by them.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:42 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:
jrthor10 wrote:I submitted with parent info for one school that required it, but then I deleted that form. How do I submit now without parent info? Every time I try and submit it, it says I can't and have to fill out parent info...

One of the main points if not the main point of need access is to obtain parent information. Without it the Need Access forms are useless.
Some schools don't ask for parental info. Don't speak unless you know what you're talking about.

Every school that asks for Need Access requires parental information. I agree, you shouldn't speak if you don't know what you are talking about.
You should probably just stop typing now.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:45 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:

Every school that asks for Need Access requires parental information. I agree, you shouldn't speak if you don't know what you are talking about.

Ah, I love the sound of self-righteous k-jd in the morning. (well, evening)

PolySuyGuy

Postby PolySuyGuy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:18 pm

Last edited by PolySuyGuy on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:23 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
jrthor10 wrote:To other poster, Many schools DON'T look at parent info (ie northwestern) for students like me, who are not financially supported by them.

I don't know if you are getting into semantics or what, but Northwestern says that they do NOT require parental information for financial aid. http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... ctions.pdf

Nevertheless, they require NeedAccess which requires parental information. To me it is the same thing but technically it is not. Northwestern never said they won't look at the parental information, they only say that they don't require it. Instead they require you to go through another agency (NeedAccess) that requires parental information.

Northwestern is not the only school that does that.
No to the underlined, once again. If the only schools for which you're submitting Need Access don't require parental info (like Northwestern), then Need Access does not ask for any parental info. Do I really need to show you my completed Need Access form that is totally lacking in any questions about my parents' finances to prove this?

PolySuyGuy

Postby PolySuyGuy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:43 pm

You are correct about Northwestern, I rechecked my NeedAccess for them. No caveats on my apology.

Return to “Financial Aid”