Negotiating with a job offer?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
hllh

Negotiating with a job offer?

Postby hllh » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:54 pm

Will it work?

kaiser

Re: Negotiating with a job offer?

Postby kaiser » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:56 pm

hllh wrote:Will it work?

Nope. But just curious as to what you planned to request from them? Perhaps you could elaborate on your situation, as I'm not even entirely sure I know what you are asking.

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:03 am

OP wants to negotiate with his school for scholarship, by saying he will take a job offer instead of going to school.

I don't see why it can't work.

hllh

Postby hllh » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:38 am

ben4847 wrote:OP wants to negotiate with his school for scholarship, by saying he will take a job offer instead of going to school.

Has anybody tried this and succeeded?

hllh

Postby hllh » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:44 am

kaiser wrote:
hllh wrote:Will it work?

Nope. But just curious as to what you planned to request from them? Perhaps you could elaborate on your situation, as I'm not even entirely sure I know what you are asking.

Negotiate scholarship with a job offer. # of applicants decreased this year because people are getting jobs. Shouldn't law school do something to make themselves more desirable?

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:45 am

ben4847 wrote:OP wants to negotiate with his school for scholarship, by saying he will take a job offer instead of going to school.

Oh, I had no clue thats what he was talking about. I thought he meant that he has a job offer, and he wants to further negotiate the terms of it. If its just a school and you want to ask for more $$, then use any and all things you can to get them to sweeten the deal. The worst that happens is they say that they can't offer you anything. But always try and ask and haggle because you never know.

Return to “Financial Aid”