Scholarship Application Essays and Original Applications

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
kneedrag

Scholarship Application Essays and Original Applications

Postby kneedrag » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:33 pm

I searched and didn't have much luck, feel free to point me in the right direction if you know what I've missed.

When applying for scholarships with a school that you've been accepted to, will that scholarship review board be reviewing your entire application packet as well? I ask because they seem to ask for an essay as to why that particular scholarship is right for you, which in many cases is redundant to my PS. I wouldn't want to regurgitate the same information if its already in front of them, but if they are only looking at the essay, I'd hate to pass up on an already well written and thought through piece.

Thoughts?

TIA

kneedrag

Re: Scholarship Application Essays and Original Applications

Postby kneedrag » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:35 pm

Similarly, if they ask for optional LORs, should these be in addition to those you already have, and/or targeted at the scholly?

landla

Re: Scholarship Application Essays and Original Applications

Postby landla » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:25 am

I think this depends largely on the school, which is why nobody has answered. I have heard that some schools require the additional essays to be sure that you are interested in attending the school, so they would want a new essay (it would seem). I would guess that most have your full file already, but I think your best option here is to call each school and ask - but be sure to ask in such a way that you sound interested, not lazy, and just want to give them the most relevant and yet non-redundant information possible.

Good luck!

Return to “Financial Aid”