Past Chicago EDers Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
redbullvodka

Bronze

Past Chicago EDers

Post by redbullvodka » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:47 pm

Anyone get some money tossed their way? Chicago seems to pride itself on its willingness to spread financial aid to a large % of the class (this was their published rationale for not having a full tuition scholly; I doubt this has changed that much post-Ruby, since that's not coming from their own coffers). Anybody have any personal anecdotes (either yes money or no money)?

redbullvodka

Bronze

Re: Past Chicago EDers

Post by redbullvodka » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:29 am

bumppppp

nordicsair

New

Post by nordicsair » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:32 am

Pre-Ruby. ED'd and got no money, though I wasn't particularly surprised given my stats

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:34 am

Semi-related. Does anybody know the fate of people who got in off the wait list?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:34 am

Some EDers got $15k last year, some got no money.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:35 am

Tom Joad wrote:Semi-related. Does anybody know the fate of people who got in off the wait list?
People got up to $54k off the WL (that's the highest I heard of; don't know if anyone got more) and some more people got $30k+ off the WL. They also seemed to be open to negotiating off the WL.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:42 am

Dany wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:Semi-related. Does anybody know the fate of people who got in off the wait list?
People got up to $54k off the WL (that's the highest I heard of; don't know if anyone got more) and some more people got $30k+ off the WL. They also seemed to be open to negotiating off the WL.
Interesting. Thanks for the quick answer. I just got WLed at UofC, and have some good reasons for wanting to attend (not just from a prestige standpoint), but have been offered $120,000 at UVA. Kind of seems like a no-brainer to take the money and run at UVA, but you only decide once so I think I had better think about my options carefully.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Financial Aid”