Out of state tuition waivers?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.

Out of state tuition waivers?

Postby Lindsey4468 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Can anyone tell me which schools will offer out of state tuition waivers (getting in state tuition price even though you don't live there yet)? I know some schools do like Texas Tech, but since I've already been admitted there and have lived in Texas my whole life, a waiver is useless.

Heres the ones I've applied to that are public:

Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia State, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma.

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Out of state tuition waivers?

Postby landla » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:01 pm

I have heard from the school, students, and research that it is apparently wicked easy to get in-state residency and therefore in-state tuition after 1L at UConn. You basically have to show you live there, your car is registered and insured there, and that you aren't a dependent of anyone NOT in Connecticut. (There are a few more items, I think, but they are all along those lines.)

Postby ks1127 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:45 pm

UConn gave me in-state tuition status. It was in the form of a scholarship though, not a waiver.

Postby checkster » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:56 am

You can claim in-state in Missouri after you first year very easily. Kansas is very tough.

Return to “Financial Aid”