How/When to ask for $$

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Gemini198

How/When to ask for $$

Postby Gemini198 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:07 am

Sorry in advance if these are basic questions - I'm new to the thread and haven't found my answers elsewhere!

I just applied to essentially all T20 schools (minus Yale and Harvard). So far, I have heard back from Georgetown, UCLA, BU, and George Washington. I'm in at all schools, but am not planning on considering BU and GW (they were my safeties). No school sent me any sort of financial offer along with my acceptance letter. Is this normal for these specific schools? Many people seem to be getting financial offers with their acceptances, so I'm a little worried.

What is the best way to go about asking for money? I know I should contact each school, but when? Do I wait to here back from every school I applied to or start asking now? Considering that no school has offered me money at this point, I have little to bargain with.

Here are my numbers:
3.5 GPA, 171 LSAT, out of college for one year w/ great work experience. I know my numbers aren't incredibly impressive for T20, but I'm still hoping for a decent amount of money. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

omninode

Re: How/When to ask for $$

Postby omninode » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:26 am

Gemini198

Postby Gemini198 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:48 am

omninode wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=79373

Thanks for the reply, I already saw that thread and was looking for something a little more school/situation specific!

NomNom

Postby NomNom » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:42 pm

Go to your school's admission site. They will tell you what to do under the section regarding Financial Aid.

Return to “Financial Aid”