Need Access Question

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Monsieur Robot

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:10 pm

Need Access Question

Postby Monsieur Robot » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi everyone just filling out this nightmarish form but I'm kind of stuck :evil:

I've gotten to the part where it asks for Tuition/Fees/Room & Board and the amount of parent assistance.

I've lived with my family during undergrad so how would I calculate room and board?

One final question: Am I correct in assuming Pell grants are considered gift aid?

User avatar

Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: Need Access Question

Postby Ubermaus » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:17 pm

That form can die in a fire. I was actually searching for some other information about it, but I saw that nobody'd answered your post and thought I'd take a whack at it in case you're still stuck.

With the caveat that I'm as clueless as you are and these are just suggestions:

1. Take the amount your parents paid for mortgage/rent during the period in question and divide it by the number of people in your household. There's your room.

2. Try to figure out what your family spends on food in a smaller period, like a month, multiply to get the whole period you need, then divide by the number of people in your household. There's your board.

3. The Pell Grant is considered gift aid.

I hope that helps!

Return to “Financial Aid�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests