Question about how to handle loans applications and such.

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Klinklang

Question about how to handle loans applications and such.

Postby Klinklang » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:21 am

Well, I've been admitted to two schools and waitlisted at two more (getting back to me by the end of February, when I'll make my decision). I wasn't involved much in handling finances in undergrad, so I had a couple questions I was hoping le board could help me with. :D

When should I apply for loans? I believe they're called the Federal Ford loan and the Graduate Plus loan. Again, not an expert, lol.

If I end up needing to apply before that February 29 / March 1 deadline, is it appropriate to apply for loans / aid at schools I haven't yet been accepted to?

Thanks so much for any help. :mrgreen:

anjmissy

Re: Question about how to handle loans applications and such.

Postby anjmissy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:54 am

just do your fafsa now

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:00 am

You can do your FAFSA (and NeedAccess, if any of your schools require it) now. (You may have to wait until you get a W2 from your employer if you worked at all this year.) For some schools, that's all you need to do. Look at the financial aid pages on each school's website to see if there are any other forms or essays required. Some schools will only tell you about supplemental application materials they require after you've been accepted.

anjmissy

Postby anjmissy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:53 am

rinkrat19 wrote:You can do your FAFSA (and NeedAccess, if any of your schools require it) now. (You may have to wait until you get a W2 from your employer if you worked at all this year.) For some schools, that's all you need to do. Look at the financial aid pages on each school's website to see if there are any other forms or essays required. Some schools will only tell you about supplemental application materials they require after you've been accepted.

you don't even need to wait for the w-2..you can just estimate and once you fill taxes go back in and correct it..its best to complete and submit it asap..ive done fafsa all four years at undergrad and this is what i did. estimated the figures, then after my mom and I both filled our taxes i corrected the numbers...easy as that.

Return to “Financial Aid”