Help me out Please

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Bmarce

Help me out Please

Postby Bmarce » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:21 pm

So I know all about Scholarship negations. If you receive an offer from school A and an offer from School B, and if the schools in question are peer schools then it is possible to play them off each other in order gain larger scholarship offers from one or either of them. My situation is slightly different and involves two schools who are not peer schools.

School A is ranked in the 60's, they offered me a scholarship that covers roughly 45 percent of tuition. School B is in ranked in the high 30's they offered me a scholarship that is equal to 40 percent of tuition. Would it be possible to leverage my acceptance and scholarship offer from school B in order to get a better from offer from the school? If so, how should I got about doing it? Should I call, email or write a formal letter?

Any thoughts?

Tiago Splitter

Re: Help me out Please

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Send an email explaining the details. Worst they can do is say no.

Bmarce

Postby Bmarce » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:35 am

Bump...

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:46 am

you got your answer already

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:25 pm

Because you are an AA male law school applicant/acceptee, your negotiation leverage should be stronger than non-AA males. Even without any competing offer or offers, you may be able to negotiate successfully for additional scholarship money. Since you have a competing scholarship offer--even though from a Tier Two law school--you should be successful at getting more money from your Tier One school.

Return to “Financial Aid”