Scholarship Negotiation

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.

Scholarship Negotiation

Postby 1212 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:36 pm

Hey guys,

Long time creeper, pretty new at actually posting.

I probably sound like a greedy prick with this question, but I just received a full ride to UT and was wondering if it would be awful to try to get some sort of living stipend out of that too? I know some t14s have stipends associated for some of their named scholarships (Michigan comes to mind)...I've also gotten into Duke and Georgetown so far, if that is helpful.

AA Female/3.77/167

I am pretty debt averse and am from Texas, so I'd be happy to go there but even happier to not have to take out loans to cover living expenses.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

gin

Re: Scholarship Negotiation

Postby gin » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:45 pm

They already accepted you so you have nothing to lose. Have you been offered anything from other schools? That might help you get more money out UT

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Unlikely but you can give it a shot.

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:38 am

1212 wrote:Hey guys,

I probably sound like a greedy prick with this question, but I just received a full ride to UT and was wondering if it would be awful to try to get some sort of living stipend out of that too? I know some t14s have stipends associated for some of their named scholarships (Michigan comes to mind)...I've also gotten into Duke and Georgetown so far, if that is helpful.

AA Female/3.77/167

I am pretty debt averse and am from Texas, so I'd be happy to go there but even happier to not have to take out loans to cover living expenses.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

The only awful thing is that you're not burning their acceptance package and going to Harvard.

Or, if you're THAT debt averse, a full ride to Columbia.

top30man

Postby top30man » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:40 am

Curious1 wrote:
1212 wrote:Hey guys,

AA Female/3.77/167

Thoughts?

Thanks!

The only awful thing is that you're not burning their acceptance package and going to Harvard.

Or, if you're THAT debt averse, a full ride to Columbia.

Lawls this.

Return to “Financial Aid”