LSAC Fee Waiver, how to use this for Law School App waiver?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
ivnx

LSAC Fee Waiver, how to use this for Law School App waiver?

Postby ivnx » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:13 pm

I recently was granted the fee waiver for LSAC.
When I view the application page for almost every single school, the link on the LSAC page shows the following text: "Did you know that this school will waive application fees for all students that have received an LSAC fee waiver."
However, upon clicking on the link for more information, it only leads me to the LSAC fee waiver application page (which I have already completed).
My question is 2 parts:
Would each school waive my application fees based solely on my granted LSAC fee waiver?
Whether or not I need to send proof of my LSAC fee waiver in order to have my app fee waived for each individual school?

Any advice and/or commentary would be highly appreciated.
*note, these questions are NOT regarding requesting fee waivers directly from the school, only whether or not / how an LSAC fee waiver could extend to individual school basis.
ty TLS members. cheers.

Blessedassurance

Re: LSAC Fee Waiver, how to use this for Law School App waiver?

Postby Blessedassurance » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:21 pm

ivnx wrote:Would each school waive my application fees based solely on my granted LSAC fee waiver?

Some do some don't. For some schools, you will have to ask/apply for it. Check with a particular school's website.

Whether or not I need to send proof of my LSAC fee waiver in order to have my app fee waived for each individual school?

Some ask that you send it. For some it's automatically applied. Some grant you a waiver before you even ask for it. Cornell sent me one. Vermont did too even though it wasn't on my list. Register for the CRS thingy which enables LSAC to send out your info (if you haven't done so already, which I'm sure you have)

*note, these questions are NOT regarding requesting fee waivers directly from the school, only whether or not / how an LSAC fee waiver could extend to individual school basis.

Edit: I answered before reading the above but I think my answer is encyclopedic enough.

Return to “Financial Aid”