Last Minute Negotiations?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Horsefeathers

Last Minute Negotiations?

Postby Horsefeathers » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:35 am

Just got in off the waitlist at a t20ish school on Thursday with a modest scholarship and received my full financial aid package today. Problem is, the deadline for seat-depositing is also today.

While I'd like to try to negotiate a bit on the scholarship front (was accepted to higher ranked school with better LRAP), I'm thinking it might be downright crazy to try to negotiate at all, given the fact that I'd be leaving the financial office with just hours to respond to my email. Not even sure how to phrase it without sounding like I have way too much Chutzpah.

Is it even possible to negotiate under these constraints, or do you think I'd be better to just decide on their offer?

blurbz

Re: Last Minute Negotiations?

Postby blurbz » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am

Might as well write a polite Email and try. What do you have to lose?

bmore

Postby bmore » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:39 am

I would call. What do you have to lose?!

Horsefeathers

Postby Horsefeathers » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:45 am

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not exactly sure how to phrase this, since I don't really want to convey that I won't accept if they don't make a better offer, just that it'll be difficult for me to.

Return to “Financial Aid”