Grad Plus Loan Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
user08132021

Bronze

Grad Plus Loan

Post by user08132021 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:43 pm

Ok quick question about something I can't find scouring the forums.

I just got in off the waitlist from my number 1 school, so now I'm scouring for information. I just applied for the GradPlus loan and received a message after I finished that said my credit was approved.
HOWEVER, I have a couple of things credit-wise that make me think that decision is a bit premature. Anyone have insight on this?

CoriOlivia

New

Re: Grad Plus Loan

Post by CoriOlivia » Fri May 27, 2011 11:57 pm

Scroll down and read the "Truth about GradPLUS loans" thread. It basically states that they only consider current accounts - nothing old even if it was a chargeoff, etc. It's a good thread to read if you're concerned (which I don't know why you would be if you're already approved.)

user08132021

Bronze

Post by user08132021 » Sat May 28, 2011 12:11 am

CoriOlivia wrote:Scroll down and read the "Truth about GradPLUS loans" thread. It basically states that they only consider current accounts - nothing old even if it was a chargeoff, etc. It's a good thread to read if you're concerned (which I don't know why you would be if you're already approved.)

Thanks. I figured the "approval" was just a general pre-approval. Wasn't sure if it meant I was in the clear. I keep reading horror stories about it.

Gideon Strumpet

Bronze

Post by Gideon Strumpet » Sat May 28, 2011 2:17 am

JaLeCa wrote:Thanks. I figured the "approval" was just a general pre-approval. Wasn't sure if it meant I was in the clear. I keep reading horror stories about it.
The credit check is minimal. If you have nothing 90 days or more past due, you get an automatic pass.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”