Private loans and wait lists

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
risktaker

Private loans and wait lists

Postby risktaker » Tue May 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Are any of you taking out private loans? I do not qualify for federal loans at least for the first year of law school because I will not be getting my green card till then. In the meanwhile, I have to take out a private loan to pay for at least the first year of law school. The problem is that I do not have the luxury to wait till the first day of class to decide on a school. In other words, I only have till the first week of July to decide on a school. Is anyone else in a similar predicament? If so, how are you dealing with it?

risktaker

Re: Private loans and wait lists

Postby risktaker » Tue May 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Guess I am the only one in this predicament.

shoeshine

Postby shoeshine » Tue May 17, 2011 10:22 pm

did you make two threads on this topic?

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Wed May 18, 2011 12:12 am

No. Different topics. Learn to read.

shoeshine

Postby shoeshine » Wed May 18, 2011 12:17 am

Add the question in this thread to the thread you created simultaneously: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155723

risktaker wrote:Are any of you taking out private loans? I do not qualify for federal loans at least for the first year of law school because I will not be getting my green card till then. In the meanwhile, I have to take out a private loan to pay for at least the first year of law school. The problem is that I do not have the luxury to wait till the first day of class to decide on a school. In other words, I only have till the first week of July to decide on a school. Is anyone else in a similar predicament? If so, how are you dealing with it?

risktaker wrote:So I need to apply for private loans by beginning of July. In other words, I can only wait till the first week of July for the schools I am wait listed at. Is there any way of politely letting the schools know that they need to tell me whether I am in/out by first week of July or will this not fly? Any responses would be appreciated.

These are basically the same question. At very least they are extremely related. Next time make one thread, in one forum. We don't need a new thread everytime you come up with a new inquiry about the same situation.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Wed May 18, 2011 1:07 am

ok boss :lol:

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Wed May 18, 2011 1:38 am

shoeshine wrote:Add the question in this thread to the thread you created simultaneously: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 2&t=155723

risktaker wrote:Are any of you taking out private loans? I do not qualify for federal loans at least for the first year of law school because I will not be getting my green card till then. In the meanwhile, I have to take out a private loan to pay for at least the first year of law school. The problem is that I do not have the luxury to wait till the first day of class to decide on a school. In other words, I only have till the first week of July to decide on a school. Is anyone else in a similar predicament? If so, how are you dealing with it?

risktaker wrote:So I need to apply for private loans by beginning of July. In other words, I can only wait till the first week of July for the schools I am wait listed at. Is there any way of politely letting the schools know that they need to tell me whether I am in/out by first week of July or will this not fly? Any responses would be appreciated.

These are basically the same question. At very least they are extremely related. Next time make one thread, in one forum. We don't need a new thread everytime you come up with a new inquiry about the same situation.

If you have a problem with a post, next time just report it. Thanks.

Return to “Financial Aid”