Rebuttal Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
aguaman13

New

Rebuttal

Post by aguaman13 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:23 pm

Lat month I was accepted to a Tier 3/4 school that I am fairly interested in attending. I am definitely a splitter for this school as my LSAT score is above their 75th percentile (158, compared to 156) and my LSAC GPA is quite low 2.37 (although a more respectable 3.091 cumulative). I am attempting to leverage an offer of $20K per year from a similarly ranked school into at least some merit aid. I sent the following letter yesterday in order to initiate negotiations:

I was very excited to receive acceptance to your law school last month, as X remains one of my top choices. However, based on my conversations with the financial aid office, I do not anticipate being eligible for need based grants. With this in mind, the availability of merit aid will be an important factor in my decision regarding which school to attend in the fall. Who would I contact to discuss the availability of merit aid at X?

Sincerely,
Brokey McBrokerson

The Asst. Dean responded this morning with a very long and cordial response that basically said no to my hopes of getting aid. I'm thinking now would be the time to mention that I have the other offer. Does anybody have any suggestions on how best to do that?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: Rebuttal

Post by JamMasterJ » Tue May 03, 2011 2:01 pm

Return to “Financial Aid”