FAFSA Problem

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
patagonia

FAFSA Problem

Postby patagonia » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:36 am

I searched this but did not find any answers.

I have not received a financial aid award letter from the school I want to attend. I am not expecting grant money, but I need the letter to ensure that I can get loans, correct?

I have been in contact with the school and it sounds like there was a processing error and they should have it by today or Monday. Do I need to be concerned about getting loans? The deposit deadline for many other schools is today, and I am wondering if I should put down a deposit at a second school just in case there is a loan problem. Am I overly concerned?

A12345

Re: FAFSA Problem

Postby A12345 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:03 pm

patagonia wrote:I searched this but did not find any answers.

I have not received a financial aid award letter from the school I want to attend. I am not expecting grant money, but I need the letter to ensure that I can get loans, correct?

I have been in contact with the school and it sounds like there was a processing error and they should have it by today or Monday. Do I need to be concerned about getting loans? The deposit deadline for many other schools is today, and I am wondering if I should put down a deposit at a second school just in case there is a loan problem. Am I overly concerned?

Yes, you are being overly concerned.

limelightwave

Postby limelightwave » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:05 pm

If you're not expecting grant money, it shouldn't be a problem. From my understanding, federal loans are not limited, so you can actually get them at any time as long as you are qualified.

patagonia

Postby patagonia » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:21 pm

Thank you! That is good to hear!

rolandgill

Postby rolandgill » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:31 am

I have no contact with my father and no way to get his tax information. I cant proceed with my FAFSA app without that info. What can I do?

Return to “Financial Aid”