Help! Chicago-Kent vs Brooklyn

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
kimheami

Help! Chicago-Kent vs Brooklyn

Postby kimheami » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:55 pm

So I was offered a full tuition scholarship my first year at Chicago-Kent but was only given 6K from Brooklyn. I really would like to be in NYC in the long run.
I know they say not to pick a school based on the idea of transferring after your first year, that you are setting yourself up for disappointment and so on and so forth.
But I know that I could graduate from both Brooklyn and CK without being miserable if i am not able to transfer so I am not that worried. NYU and Columbia were my dream schools so I thought that it might be better for me to be in nyc if I wanted to transfer.

So the question for all of you that I wanted to ask was, are these two schools peer schools that I could negotiate more money from Brooklyn?
Also I feel like Chicago-Kent has a pretty good reputation in Chicago, but do you think that having so many law schools that are ranked better than Brooklyn in NYC will make it much more difficult to find jobs in the later run?

Any advice would be appreciated.

ahxnccj

Re: Help! Chicago-Kent vs Brooklyn

Postby ahxnccj » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:24 am

why no one is posting here in this forum? i couldt find any new post here.
I am new in this forum. And i am a web developer. My main interest is in school website development

Aberzombie1892

Re: Help! Chicago-Kent vs Brooklyn

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:37 am

kimheami wrote:So I was offered a full tuition scholarship my first year at Chicago-Kent but was only given 6K from Brooklyn. I really would like to be in NYC in the long run.
I know they say not to pick a school based on the idea of transferring after your first year, that you are setting yourself up for disappointment and so on and so forth.
But I know that I could graduate from both Brooklyn and CK without being miserable if i am not able to transfer so I am not that worried. NYU and Columbia were my dream schools so I thought that it might be better for me to be in nyc if I wanted to transfer.

So the question for all of you that I wanted to ask was, are these two schools peer schools that I could negotiate more money from Brooklyn?
Also I feel like Chicago-Kent has a pretty good reputation in Chicago, but do you think that having so many law schools that are ranked better than Brooklyn in NYC will make it much more difficult to find jobs in the later run?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Both schools will have a tough time with market paying jobs ($160,000 in your case). All things equal, I would probably go with Chicago Kent as it would be significantly cheaper. However, neither is worth a ton of debt.

Return to “Financial Aid”