NYU Award Letter - "Review complete"

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
neyaae

NYU Award Letter - "Review complete"

Postby neyaae » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:29 pm

I received my financial award from NYU on Monday. I believe they were holding my application because I interviewed for one of the named scholarships. The award says "Please note that the review process for all scholarship grants is now complete." Did it say this on all awards, even the ones that were given out earlier? Or does it mean there's no chance of an appeal? I don't want to be penalized for interviewing and not getting the scholarship.

mg792

Re: NYU Award Letter - "Review complete"

Postby mg792 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:31 pm

You can appeal. My understanding is that you first send an email to the financial aid office and then you will be able to upload documents to FAAPS. I gather they're not particularly quick responders.

There's some discussion in the recent parts of the "in at NYU" and "NYU Class of 2014" threads.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:29 pm

neyaae wrote:I received my financial award from NYU on Monday. I believe they were holding my application because I interviewed for one of the named scholarships. The award says "Please note that the review process for all scholarship grants is now complete." Did it say this on all awards, even the ones that were given out earlier? Or does it mean there's no chance of an appeal? I don't want to be penalized for interviewing and not getting the scholarship.

I think it's the exact opposite, you'll probably get more money because you were a finalist.

neyaae

Postby neyaae » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:37 pm

I hope so, what they gave me initially is not that great.

Return to “Financial Aid”