Full Ride for JD/MBA dual degree?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.

Full Ride for JD/MBA dual degree?

Postby lebroniousjames » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:05 pm

Hey-was wondering if anyone could serve up some knowledge. I'm looking into some joint JD/MBA programs (I know--an MBA won't really help you with a traditional legal career, but for what I'd like to do it's relevant).

My question, though, is if anyone knows how scholarship $ works between the two programs. For anyone who's been offered a scholarship to a dual program, did your award only cover your law school tuition, or did they include additional funding for the MBA? Since I don't plan on going into traditional practice, I'm looking to take the most scholly $ possible so I don't have to deal with debt. But even if I got a full ride for the JD, I wouldn't want to shell out 60-100k for the MBA on the side.

So to cut to the chase, has anyone received an offer that covers full tuition for both the JD and the MBA? And if so, where? (if you don't mind sharing)

Appreciate any help

Re: Full Ride for JD/MBA dual degree?

Postby trayball23 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:16 pm

Does not seem likely unless you applied to both up front. I am also interested and each school i spoke to said your law school aid is only for law school

Postby wunderkind2 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:47 pm

Postby iliketurtles123 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:15 pm

At my school law school aid only covers law school tuition.
B-school has separate aid system. Business school grants and scholarships are more difficult to predict.

Return to “Financial Aid”