Non-Custodial Parent Need Access Form HELP ASAP!!

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
T14Dilemma

Non-Custodial Parent Need Access Form HELP ASAP!!

Postby T14Dilemma » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Hey! I know this is a bit late in the financial aid game, but I just lost the battle to try to get my non-custodial parent's information waived so I have to submit it now. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows how I can have him submit his form without seeing my mom's or my financial information. I told him to register and to add me as a student and then just submit the Non-Custodial Parent Form but I don't know if this is the way to do it or if I have to do something on my account as well. My turn around time for this stuff is SUPER quick so if anyone has any experience PLEASE let me know. Thanks a ton!!

pixytree

Re: Non-Custodial Parent Need Access Form HELP ASAP!!

Postby pixytree » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:10 pm

they shouldn't be able to see it unless you elect for them to. There's an option on the page where you enter your financial info, I believe.

T14Dilemma

Postby T14Dilemma » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:42 am

pixytree wrote:they shouldn't be able to see it unless you elect for them to. There's an option on the page where you enter your financial info, I believe.

Hmmm...I didn't see this option (my mom and I previously submitted it so maybe it's no longer an option for us). Not sure.

firemed

Postby firemed » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:03 am

T14Dilemma wrote:
pixytree wrote:they shouldn't be able to see it unless you elect for them to. There's an option on the page where you enter your financial info, I believe.

Hmmm...I didn't see this option (my mom and I previously submitted it so maybe it's no longer an option for us). Not sure.

Call them tomorrow. Your other parent shouldn't be working on it tonight anyway realistically. The best source will be Need Access themselves.

And I think pixy is right... they shouldn't be able to see it unless you opt to let them.

pixytree

Postby pixytree » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:52 am

T14Dilemma wrote:

It's definitely an option. I remember seeing it when I went back to make revisions after submitting. It's not sectioned off or anything so you might have overlooked it--it's in a list of maybe 20 questions. Sorry I can't remember what page it was on, but definitely talk to Need Access. I highly doubt they'd share your personal info with you opting to allow it.

Return to “Financial Aid”