Scholarships off of the waitinglist.

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
bball25

Scholarships off of the waitinglist.

Postby bball25 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:39 pm

Does anyone know if many schools give scholarships to people off the waitinglist? I would assume they don't, but I didn't know if this was something that happened.

gaud

Re: Scholarships off of the waitinglist.

Postby gaud » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:00 am

bball25 wrote:Does anyone know if many schools give scholarships to people off the waitinglist? I would assume they don't, but I didn't know if this was something that happened.

I know on the ASU thread that someone mentioned receiving one off of the waitlist, but I am not sure of schools other than that. That being said, at least there is a possibility

bloopyblooper

Re: Scholarships off of the waitinglist.

Postby bloopyblooper » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:14 am

bball25 wrote:Does anyone know if many schools give scholarships to people off the waitinglist? I would assume they don't, but I didn't know if this was something that happened.

Yes this happens. If you are yield protected because you have obscenely high #s, and if you express your interest in the school, you are likely to receive $ off the wait list.

Return to “Financial Aid”