Copies of W-2 and Tax Forms

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
antonin

Copies of W-2 and Tax Forms

Postby antonin » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:46 pm

Hi,

I apologize if this has been asked before and hopefully I am not being stupid... but do I mail the W-2, 1040 forms to the schools or do I wait until they ask me to mail to them.

Additionally, if I have to take the initiative, do I send the copies just to schools that accepted me, or also to schools that have waitlisted me or have not yet responded to me.

Thanks,

sarahh

Re: Copies of W-2 and Tax Forms

Postby sarahh » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:08 pm

antonin wrote:Hi,

I apologize if this has been asked before and hopefully I am not being stupid... but do I mail the W-2, 1040 forms to the schools or do I wait until they ask me to mail to them.

Additionally, if I have to take the initiative, do I send the copies just to schools that accepted me, or also to schools that have waitlisted me or have not yet responded to me.

Thanks,

I think most don't require them, but you should check with your schools and see what the specific process is.

zonto

Re: Copies of W-2 and Tax Forms

Postby zonto » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:26 pm

BU said priority due date for need-based aid was March 1, so I emailed my W-2 and tax info to them (after sending FAFSA and NeedAccess) without knowing if I was in. Definitely worth it. :wink:

Return to “Financial Aid”