do i have to submit parent's info on FAFSA? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
agora139

Bronze

do i have to submit parent's info on FAFSA?

Post by agora139 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:27 pm

it says that it's an option, and recommends you do it if 'you are a health profession student or your school requires parental information for all students.' assuming that my school doesn't require parental information, would it in any way negatively impact me? I'm not expecting grants (in UG and parents income will probably render me grant-less) but i have to fill out the FAFSA for stafford loans.
please please give advice if you have any!!

jamiLAW

Bronze

Re: do i have to submit parent's info on FAFSA?

Post by jamiLAW » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:14 pm

agora139 wrote:it says that it's an option, and recommends you do it if 'you are a health profession student or your school requires parental information for all students.' assuming that my school doesn't require parental information, would it in any way negatively impact me? I'm not expecting grants (in UG and parents income will probably render me grant-less) but i have to fill out the FAFSA for stafford loans.
please please give advice if you have any!!
It depends on the school...I know that GWU e-mailed me this week and told me they would not offer me any financial aid until I give my parents' info. (Too bad for them I already decided on Boston College lol.) If you have access to your parents' information, you should give it. Schools know most applicants are paying for law school by themselves, they're not going to read your FAFSA and say "Hey, this kid has rich parents, forget it!" Lol

Return to “Financial Aid”