How do you live in the summer?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
rolandgill

Re: How do you live in the summer?

Postby rolandgill » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:33 am

I'm planning to move to Europe for a few months over the summer just to get out of Ireland for a while. Although the big cities like Berlin, Paris and Rome are tempting, I'd much rather chose somewhere with a much lower cost of living so I can spend my money on travelling around and sight-seeing.

I have no preference for any countries, and language isn't a problem for me as I'm a language nerd. :P

Which cities would you all recommend for low cost of living, superb night-life, proximity to scenery, beaches, decent infrastructure etc etc?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! =]

Fark-o-vision

Postby Fark-o-vision » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:39 am

rolandgill wrote:I'm planning to move to Europe for a few months over the summer just to get out of Ireland for a while. Although the big cities like Berlin, Paris and Rome are tempting, I'd much rather chose somewhere with a much lower cost of living so I can spend my money on travelling around and sight-seeing.

I have no preference for any countries, and language isn't a problem for me as I'm a language nerd. :P

Which cities would you all recommend for low cost of living, superb night-life, proximity to scenery, beaches, decent infrastructure etc etc?

Narnia?

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:14 am

-
Last edited by Veyron on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michaela

Postby Michaela » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:43 pm

rolandgill wrote:I'm planning to move to Europe for a few months over the summer just to get out of Ireland for a while. Although the big cities like Berlin, Paris and Rome are tempting, I'd much rather chose somewhere with a much lower cost of living so I can spend my money on travelling around and sight-seeing.

Go to Prague since they're not on the euro and it is sooooo cheap and really fun PLUS you can take a 4 hour bus ride to Vienna from there for a whopping 12 euros each way and you're close to other Eastern European destinations (the Croatian coast is just as-if not more-beautiful than coastal Italy and soooo much cheaper).

I am confused though...are you planning on doing this before law school?

TaxLaw2010

Postby TaxLaw2010 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:37 am

I wound up enrolling in a class for the summer at my law school. The class is only a couple of weeks, and I get more than enough financial aid refund money to live off of over the summer until school starts back up in the fall. Hope this helps.

Moral_Midgetry

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:39 am

Sellin' them hoes.

Return to “Financial Aid”