Asking Loyola Chicago for more money?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Thekillabeejc

Asking Loyola Chicago for more money?

Postby Thekillabeejc » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:35 am

I applied and was accepted to Loyola, Kent, DePaul and John Marshall. I plan on attending Loyola, but I was wondering if I could realistically try and squeeze some more money out of them. Loyola offered a $16,000 per year scholarship, but DePaul offered 18 a year, Kent 20 a year and John Marshall a full ride. I recently found out about leveraging scholarships to get better offers, so I'm going to give it a shot. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with these schools? Thanks for any info.

ArghItsBlarg

Re: Asking Loyola Chicago for more money?

Postby ArghItsBlarg » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:35 pm

DePaul and Loyola will send you an immediate response stating that they're out of money and you should try to find outside scholarships.

Alyosha_Karamazov

Postby Alyosha_Karamazov » Tue May 17, 2011 11:04 pm

I really hope you go to LUC anyway.

Corwin

Postby Corwin » Tue May 17, 2011 11:07 pm

ArghItsBlarg wrote:DePaul and Loyola will send you an immediate response stating that they're out of money and you should try to find outside scholarships.

At least within my circle of friends, this isn't true. I'd be wary of making such broad generalizations.

aknecht

Postby aknecht » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:08 pm

I've been very successful in talking to all three T2 Chicago schools in terms of scholarships. Started out looking at $5k off sticker and now am only paying $10k/yr in tuition. Just be persistent and use the schools' offers against each other.

Return to “Financial Aid”