Where are we in the merit aid cycle?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
St.Remy

Where are we in the merit aid cycle?

Postby St.Remy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:01 pm

I applied early so I've heard back about almost all of my applications, but I've only heard about merit aid from a couple of the schools where I've been accepted. Are the T14 schools sending out more merit offers after this point, or are the merit offers I have so far all I should expect to get outside of negotiations? Looking at LSN for last year it looks like a good number of people in my numbers range got $ from CLS and NYU, whereas this year very few have any scholarship offer listed so far. This could be because these schools haven't started sending out merit aid packages, or it could be because the recipients last year negotiated for their $. Since I don't know much about the merit aid cycle I have no idea, so I was hoping some more knowledgeable TLSer could fill me in. Thanks!

thsmthcrmnl

Re: Where are we in the merit aid cycle?

Postby thsmthcrmnl » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Most schools have made their initial offers. NYU has, but (other than Hamiltons and Butlers) Columbia has not.

. . . Of course, Columbia's aid is only 100%, we-promise-we're-not-lying need-based anyway.

Return to “Financial Aid”