Emory scholarship negotiation

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
fetalposition

Emory scholarship negotiation

Postby fetalposition » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:28 am

Please post here if you have successfully negotiated, or have heard of anyone successfully negotiating a scholarship increase from Emory Law.

I know they have a non-negotiation policy, but I'm hoping that SOMEONE has actually done it before.

clone22

Re: Emory scholarship negotiation

Postby clone22 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:31 am

is the no-negotiation policy official? Sorry, I just didn't see it anywhere (not that i read around their website too much)

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:38 am

When they say they don't negotiate scholarships, it doesn't mean they are disinclined to negotiate scholarships, it means they don't negotiate scholarships.

fetalposition

Postby fetalposition » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:47 am

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:When they say they don't negotiate scholarships, it doesn't mean they are disinclined to negotiate scholarships, it means they don't negotiate scholarships.

the aforementioned "policy" I mentioned is not a policy that is listed (or that I can find) on Emory's website; rather, it is TLS policy based on failed attempts, and I wanted to see if there were any TLSers who actually had been successful.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:50 am

fetalposition wrote:
Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:When they say they don't negotiate scholarships, it doesn't mean they are disinclined to negotiate scholarships, it means they don't negotiate scholarships.

the aforementioned "policy" I mentioned is not a policy that is listed (or that I can find) on Emory's website; rather, it is TLS policy based on failed attempts, and I wanted to see if there were any TLSers who actually had been successful.

Well, it is an official Emory admissions policy, they have stated it themselves multiple times, though it's not posted on their website anywhere. I can understand the confusion because they don't announce it up front, but it's definitely true.

Return to “Financial Aid”