Historical Costs (UPenn Law)

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
lakerfanimal

Historical Costs (UPenn Law)

Postby lakerfanimal » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:16 pm

Hey everyone,

I was curious about how law school costs have risen over time and UPenn has a nice chart on their website (from 1900- current). State law schools probably don't align with the same increases, but I think private schools probably do. What's interesting is people talk about how law school costs are getting into astronomical territories, and at least to me, it seems like people talk about it as though it is a recent development. However, from 1980-1988 costs increased from 6k to 13k (tuition), from 1990-1999 they increased from 15k to 27k, and from 2000-2010 they increased from 27k to 44k. These are all rounded numbers, but it does show that the percentages of increase have actually declined. I apologize if something like this has already been posted. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

http://www.archives.upenn.edu/histy/fea ... /2000.html

Excellence = a Habit

Re: Historical Costs (UPenn Law)

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:16 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:Hey everyone,

I was curious about how law school costs have risen over time and UPenn has a nice chart on their website (from 1900- current). State law schools probably don't align with the same increases, but I think private schools probably do. What's interesting is people talk about how law school costs are getting into astronomical territories, and at least to me, it seems like people talk about it as though it is a recent development. However, from 1980-1988 costs increased from 6k to 13k (tuition), from 1990-1999 they increased from 15k to 27k, and from 2000-2010 they increased from 27k to 44k. These are all rounded numbers, but it does show that the percentages of increase have actually declined. I apologize if something like this has already been posted. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

http://www.archives.upenn.edu/histy/fea ... /2000.html

Thanks for posting! This is interesting.

Return to “Financial Aid”