Before or After Intial Aid Offer? A Matching/Negotiation Thr

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
molomloch

Before or After Intial Aid Offer? A Matching/Negotiation Thr

Postby molomloch » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:09 am

Hi,

I've gotten into some pretty cool top 20 schools so far. Unfortunately, I've yet to receive much love as far as aid.

Michigan, however, has given me a 15k a year scholarship. I plan to, hope to, use this to get some more love out of Georgetown, Texas, USC, etc.

My question is: Should I submit a request to match the Michigan scholarship now? Or wait until I've received aid offers, or an absence thereof, from the above schools before pestering them with my nonsense?

ku1185

Re: Before or After Intial Aid Offer? A Matching/Negotiation Thr

Postby ku1185 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:44 pm

molomloch wrote:Hi,

I've gotten into some pretty cool top 20 schools so far. Unfortunately, I've yet to receive much love as far as aid.

Michigan, however, has given me a 15k a year scholarship. I plan to, hope to, use this to get some more love out of Georgetown, Texas, USC, etc.

My question is: Should I submit a request to match the Michigan scholarship now? Or wait until I've received aid offers, or an absence thereof, from the above schools before pestering them with my nonsense?

+1, tagged for reference.

Return to “Financial Aid”