Financial Aid negotion before receiving award letter... Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
northandwest

New

Financial Aid negotion before receiving award letter...

Post by northandwest » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:09 pm

I have not heard back from GULC about how much financial aid I would get from them (though from reading the admitted students thread, I figure this may be the school's error, because people seem to have gotten their letters by now...?) and I have to make a decision on schools by the beginning of April because of deadlines from other schools for accepting aid. How tacky would it be to send a letter to GULC saying that I need a decision soon and, oh, by the way, here are my competing offers!? Thanks.

pixytree

Bronze

Re: Financial Aid negotion before receiving award letter...

Post by pixytree » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:06 am

northandwest wrote:I have not heard back from GULC about how much financial aid I would get from them (though from reading the admitted students thread, I figure this may be the school's error, because people seem to have gotten their letters by now...?) and I have to make a decision on schools by the beginning of April because of deadlines from other schools for accepting aid. How tacky would it be to send a letter to GULC saying that I need a decision soon and, oh, by the way, here are my competing offers!? Thanks.
Not tacky at all--you have deadlines and schools know that. If they have a website where you can check your fin aid status, I would check there first as sometimes schools post them there before sending a letter or email. If not, then call them up or email them and let them know (politely) that you're very much interested in the school, but you have offers from other schools that you need to respond to within a very short time frame and you're concerned you won't have all the information you need to consider GULC against your other opportunities.

Return to “Financial Aid”