Scholarship negoc letter... Please read and comment

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
trayball23

Scholarship negoc letter... Please read and comment

Postby trayball23 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:01 pm

Any advice on this process or my letter itself would be great... thanks

I want to thank you in advance for the confidence you have shown in my academic abilities by my offer of admission, it is truly and honor. ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬_______ law school has been one of my top choices since day one of the admissions process and I would love to become a member of your community. In my application I stated that I was an applicant to the US Marine Corps Officer Law Program. I have recently been accepted into this program, which means I will attend Officer Candidate School this summer and will be committed to the USMC JAG Program upon graduation.

I am honored at the chance to serve my country. but I know that it will come at a financial sacrifice compared to the private law firm salaries that many of my peers will receive after graduation. Financial aide and law school loans weigh heavily on the minds of all law students, but for this reason I have stated it will be among the most important factors in my decision on where to attend this fall. I understand that scholarship money is hard to come by in these hard economic times, especially with the record number of students applying. I hope you will give additional consideration to my LSAT score of 162 and my 3.47 GPA from the University of Notre Dame Honors History Program for any additional aid that can be provided. Although it has been my intention to attend ¬¬¬¬¬______ this fall, due to my unique employment situation, I must give serious consideration to the generous offers that other schools have given me;

(additional Scholarships)

Thank you very much for taking time to review my request. I look forward to your response with great anticipation. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

aspire2more

Re: Scholarship negoc letter... Please read and comment

Postby aspire2more » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:02 pm

trayball23 wrote:Any advice on this process or my letter itself would be great... thanks

I want to thank you in advance for the confidence you have shown in my academic abilities by my offering me of admission to XYZ School of Law,. It is truly and honor. ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬_______ law school has been one of my top choices since day one of the admissions process and I would love to become a member of your community.

In my application I stated that I was an applicant applying to the US Marine Corps Officer Law Program. I have recently been accepted into this program, which means I will attend Officer Candidate School this summer and will be committed to the USMC JAG Program upon graduation.

I am honored at the chance to serve that I will be serving my country, but I know that it will come at a financial sacrifice compared to the private law firm salaries that many of my peers will receive after graduation my potential earnings will likely be much less than if I were going into the private sector. Financial aide and law school loans Student loan costs weigh heavily on the minds of all law students, but for this reason I have stated it will be among one of the most important factors in my decision on where to attend this fall.

I understand that scholarship money is hard to come by in these hard economic times limited, especially with the record number of students applying. However,I hope you will give additional consideration to my LSAT score of 162 and my 3.47 GPA from the University of Notre Dame Honors History Program for any additional aid that can be provided. Although it has been my intention to attend ¬¬¬¬¬______ this fall, due to my unique employment situation, I must give serious consideration to the generous offers that other schools have given me;:

(additional Scholarships)

Thank you very much for taking the time to review my request. I look forward to your response with great anticipation. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

I have no idea if this is a good letter or not, but I tried to help with the spelling and grammar.

Return to “Financial Aid”