Is there any point in working more?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
silverlake33

Is there any point in working more?

Postby silverlake33 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:11 pm

My situation:

Received first offer of aid ($20,000/year Need Access grant) this past week. Email stipulates I must reapply for the grant each year, probably meaning that they will adjust the amount based on changes in my income (which will be 0 by the time school starts this fall up to graduation), savings, debt, etc.

For the next 6 months, my goal is to earn and save as much as possible. Right now I only have one part-time job and am about to take on another. Because of the pending increased income for the next half year, will my grant be lowered by that amount for 2L/3L? Because in that case, there really is no point in working more at all if the same amount will be taken out of the grant.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed light on this.

Neidermeyer519

Re: Is there any point in working more?

Postby Neidermeyer519 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:38 am

I would actually just email the school and ask them this question. JUst word it something like "I have been thinking about picking up a second job, but I am concerned as to how this will impact my need based grant"

You could always try to work for people under the table.

Return to “Financial Aid”