Need Access -- Resubmit After Taxes Filed? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
santoinettea

Bronze

Need Access -- Resubmit After Taxes Filed?

Post by santoinettea » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:38 pm

So I know that the FAFSA must be re-submitted once taxes have been filed (if they had not been at the original time of completion). Is this the same for Need Access? And if so, does it need to be by the school's finaid deadline?

Note: After sending my Need Access to 7 schools (UCLA, Cornell, Gtown, Columbia, Chicago, Michigan, NYU), I was emailed a "check-list" for each school. The only school that mentioned resubmitting with official numbers was UCLA.

(Also, although my taxes and my parents' were just filed, I'm not sure if today, Feb 27th, is the best day to resubmit, considering many students' forms are pouring in. I want to hear word on finaid info asap. Is there a lag in processing?)

Perch

Silver

Re: Need Access -- Resubmit After Taxes Filed?

Post by Perch » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:27 pm

santoinettea wrote:So I know that the FAFSA must be re-submitted once taxes have been filed (if they had not been at the original time of completion). Is this the same for Need Access? And if so, does it need to be by the school's finaid deadline?

Note: After sending my Need Access to 7 schools (UCLA, Cornell, Gtown, Columbia, Chicago, Michigan, NYU), I was emailed a "check-list" for each school. The only school that mentioned resubmitting with official numbers was UCLA.

(Also, although my taxes and my parents' were just filed, I'm not sure if today, Feb 27th, is the best day to resubmit, considering many students' forms are pouring in. I want to hear word on finaid info asap. Is there a lag in processing?)
One of my top schools financial aid offices told me that they would receive the NA more or less instantly after you submit it. hope that helps, don't know about the rest.

santoinettea

Bronze

Re: Need Access -- Resubmit After Taxes Filed?

Post by santoinettea » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:03 pm

Perch wrote:
santoinettea wrote:So I know that the FAFSA must be re-submitted once taxes have been filed (if they had not been at the original time of completion). Is this the same for Need Access? And if so, does it need to be by the school's finaid deadline?

One of my top schools financial aid offices told me that they would receive the NA more or less instantly after you submit it. hope that helps, don't know about the rest.

Thanks so much for your response! I read it last night and sent in my Completed NA immediately. : )

Return to “Financial Aid”