2011 Aid Negotiation - Deposit, Aid App, Adm App Deadlines

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.

2011 Aid Negotiation - Deposit, Aid App, Adm App Deadlines

Postby Zeephyr » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:16 pm

My first post! I've been trying to figure out the best times to negotiate aid with schools. I got tired of going back and forth between websites to get info on application and seat deposit deadlines, and a simple spreadsheet wasn't helping out much. Here's a better visual:

I know there's no Feb 29 in 2011, but i'm not all that good with excel, and it doesn't matter all that much - just trying to visualize the timeline. I didn't have data for all the schools I wanted, and I left off the schools that have already said no :( . Let me know if you find any errors.

My question for all you veteran TLSers is whether it is better to negotiate in the red or in the green (referring to the graph above). I think there are pros and cons
to negotiating both before and after the aid application deadlines, but I wanted to see if anybody else had any thoughts.

thanks in advance

Return to “Financial Aid”