FAFSA - Parent info?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
downsouth

FAFSA - Parent info?

Postby downsouth » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:39 am

I know that Need Access requires parent info, and when I go to fill out my FAFSA it asks if I want to include my parents' info on there. Do I want to? Or is Need Access sufficient for what the Law Schools need?

Many thanks!

cinephile

Re: FAFSA - Parent info?

Postby cinephile » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:40 am

It depends on your school, some ask for parental info and some don't. It also depends on your age.

bendtheslurry

Postby bendtheslurry » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:06 pm

I feel like such an idiot asking this but if a school requires parent's info they would mention that somewhere on their financial aid section of their website when they talk about the fafsa ... Or in a letter or something.... Right?

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:14 am

I received financial aid information regarding loans, FAFSA, etc. in the same letter detailing scholarship information.

tea_drinker

Postby tea_drinker » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:38 pm

Sorry for another dumb question. I submitted my Need Access without parents' info, and just realized now that schools may (may not) require it. Should I just fill the parents' info portion in Need Access and resubmit? Or should I just wait for school to contact me if they need the parents' info?

Return to “Financial Aid”