I was fortunate enough to have been awarded a full Darrow to the University of Michigan (still can’t believe it myself). Despite all common sense or reason, NYU is still my top choice. Without any $$$ though, I’m likely headed to Ann Arbor next fall. I know NYU is unlikely to match a Darrow, but I figure it’s definitely worth a try.
I do not think my numbers are high enough to receive merit aid and I do not believe I will qualify for any need-based grants. Also, it is my understanding that NYU doesn’t release merit or financial aid information until early- to mid-March.
Sooo…here’s what I’m trying to figure out – should I write to the financial aid office and inform them about the Darrow now/as soon as possible or should I wait until they release aid information and then start to negotiate?
I have pretty much exhausted the search function on TLS and found some relevant threads, but would like to know what other posters think or if any of you have had experience with this.
Thanks in advance!
Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:54 pm
- Posts: 1235
- Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm
I just want to say that you've got some sexy,sexy numbers.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: los blancos and 2 guests