Will a bad Feb LSAT score affect my scholarship?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Swiss

Will a bad Feb LSAT score affect my scholarship?

Postby Swiss » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:19 pm

I signed up for the February LSAT because I was afraid I would be waitlisted. As it turned out, I was accepted with a very good scholarship to a school I really want to go to. I decided to retake anyway because I had some free time to study and thought my 164 couldn't get any worse.

After taking the test, I am afraid it could get worse. My question is, can a bad score today affect the scholarship offer that I received? Will putting down a deposit before the scores come out make any difference?

Thanks!

queenlizzie13

Re: Will a bad Feb LSAT score affect my scholarship?

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Swiss wrote:I signed up for the February LSAT because I was afraid I would be waitlisted. As it turned out, I was accepted with a very good scholarship to a school I really want to go to. I decided to retake anyway because I had some free time to study and thought my 164 couldn't get any worse.

After taking the test, I am afraid it could get worse. My question is, can a bad score today affect the scholarship offer that I received? Will putting down a deposit before the scores come out make any difference?

Thanks!

You could always cancel your score if you believe that you did worse than the 164.

I am not sure how it would affect scholarships.

IsleMet

Postby IsleMet » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:09 pm

I took it with the exact same intention. My logic was that they wouldn't go back and see any new LSAT scores unless I asked them to. I'm really hoping that this is the case, otherwise I might cancel (I was waitlisted at a few schools, but it's not worth risking the offers that I already have).

If someone has insight into this I would greatly appreciate it!

hellome

Postby hellome » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:12 pm

IsleMet wrote:I took it with the exact same intention. My logic was that they wouldn't go back and see any new LSAT scores unless I asked them to. I'm really hoping that this is the case, otherwise I might cancel (I was waitlisted at a few schools, but it's not worth risking the offers that I already have).

If someone has insight into this I would greatly appreciate it!

I thought about doing this and called LSAC to see what would happen to my new score.
I was told that they automatically update your applications once the score it available.
Personally, I did not re-take considering the risk was higher than I wanted.

If you're positive you did worse, I would cancel.

IsleMet

Postby IsleMet » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:46 pm

Hmm, that makes me a little nervous. I'm really not sure how I did and it will depend a lot on the curve.

I'm on waitlists at Georgetown and Cornell and I doubt I'll get into either without a higher score. On the other hand, I have acceptances at BC, Fordham, and Cardozo...they can't take back an acceptance can they? I don't see why they would go back to look at my application again after I have already been admitted.

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:57 pm

They won't rescind their acceptances. You should be fine.

Return to “Financial Aid”