to whom do we send financial aid negotiation emails?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
cawquette

to whom do we send financial aid negotiation emails?

Postby cawquette » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:39 pm

If I would like to inform a school about a competitive scholarship offer from another school in the T14, to whom do I send an email? The office of admissions? or some financial aid related email address?

i am clueless! =(

Sandro

Re: to whom do we send financial aid negotiation emails?

Postby Sandro » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Find out the person without asking a general " who do I talk to about merit aid" question. Don't give them the opportunity to stiff arm you into saying oh you can talk to so and so (who isnt in charge of anything) about financial aid. I tried to be tactful and not come out bluntly and say a higher ranked school gave me a lot more money, and it backfired on me a little.

cawquette

Re: to whom do we send financial aid negotiation emails?

Postby cawquette » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Sandro wrote:Find out the person without asking a general " who do I talk to about merit aid" question. Don't give them the opportunity to stiff arm you into saying oh you can talk to so and so (who isnt in charge of anything) about financial aid. I tried to be tactful and not come out bluntly and say a higher ranked school gave me a lot more money, and it backfired on me a little.

thanks for the advice. i think i will send off an email to the financial aid office. in my letter i will try to be blunt and explicitly state my offer. thanks for the help! i am sorry it backfired on you =( what happened?

Return to “Financial Aid”