BC Public Service Scholarship Question

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
idratherbetraveling

BC Public Service Scholarship Question

Postby idratherbetraveling » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:32 am

Hi,
First time posting and I tried to find out if there was info about this already, but haven't had much luck.

Does anyone know how the interview process goes for the BC Public Service Scholarship? I have to interview next week, via Skype since I'm out of the country, and am wondering if anyone knows what they evaluate during the interview?

Any guidance would be much appreciated and sorry if this info has already been covered somewhere else!

IsleMet

Re: BC Public Service Scholarship Question

Postby IsleMet » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Same...

I wonder how many interview and how many receive the scholarship. Judging based on the invite, it seems that 17 are interviewing next week. That high a number doesn't leave me very optimistic.

idratherbetraveling

Postby idratherbetraveling » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:08 am

I read on the Equal Justice Works guide that about 4 people get the scholarship, so yeah, not super optimistic about those odds...

On the other hand, I'm also wondering what this means for other scholarship/grant aid from BC if I'm not selected? Is there a nice aid package waiting for finalists, or does it mean you're back to square one?

IsleMet

Postby IsleMet » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:27 am

idratherbetraveling wrote:I read on the Equal Justice Works guide that about 4 people get the scholarship, so yeah, not super optimistic about those odds...

On the other hand, I'm also wondering what this means for other scholarship/grant aid from BC if I'm not selected? Is there a nice aid package waiting for finalists, or does it mean you're back to square one?

Yeah, good point. Hopefully it'll mean some grant money and a smaller scholly. If it's back to square one, I'm in trouble. I really don't think I could afford it without a good amount of aid.

Return to “Financial Aid”