FAFSA???

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
313D313
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:52 pm

FAFSA???

Postby 313D313 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:01 am

I sent my apps late January (i know im late) and did not know anything about the FAFSA until recently. Was i supposed to fill out the FAFSA and submit it with my apps or is this something i can do at a later time?

I did not even know i had to do a FAFSA for law school..

Waiting for TLS to tear me apart.....love the information on here though

thanks,
313D313

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: FAFSA???

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:46 pm

you can do it later. deadline is 3/2/11 but certain schools have earlier deadlines...you should definitely check

313D313
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: FAFSA???

Postby 313D313 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:03 pm

ok thanks

User avatar
velociraptor
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:36 pm

Re: FAFSA???

Postby velociraptor » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:58 am

Is there a way to send it to multiple schools at once? Some seem to require it this coming week and I haven't even heard back from them yet.

Many thanks!

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: FAFSA???

Postby thecilent » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:04 am

velociraptor wrote:Is there a way to send it to multiple schools at once? Some seem to require it this coming week and I haven't even heard back from them yet.

Many thanks!

They let you send it to up to 10 (maybe 8 ahh im blanking) schools. If you need more than that, you like go back in and add them after..

User avatar
velociraptor
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:36 pm

Re: FAFSA???

Postby velociraptor » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:17 am

10 is better than none... looks like I'll be going back to resubmit. Thanks!

User avatar
crysmissmichelle
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:39 am

Re: FAFSA???

Postby crysmissmichelle » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:24 am

You don't have to resubmit, just amend. Once you get the "processed" email, it will explain how to do that.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: FAFSA???

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:57 pm

crysmissmichelle wrote:You don't have to resubmit, just amend. Once you get the "processed" email, it will explain how to do that.

So if I go back and resubmit with DIFFERENT schools, will my original 10 schools get an updated FAFSA? Let's say if I don't want the first 10 to see my parental info but the rest require it...

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: FAFSA???

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Gotti wrote:
crysmissmichelle wrote:You don't have to resubmit, just amend. Once you get the "processed" email, it will explain how to do that.

So if I go back and resubmit with DIFFERENT schools, will my original 10 schools get an updated FAFSA? Let's say if I don't want the first 10 to see my parental info but the rest require it...

PS: for those wondering the same thing, I just talked to FAFSA and the answer is no. Once the schools are removed from your list, they do not get updated with new information.




Return to “Financial Aid”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest