Need Access question

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
janec

Need Access question

Postby janec » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:14 am

I just went through one of my admission packets and realized that I completely forgot to fill out the Need Access forms. I submitted the FAFSA in early January but for some reason completely forgot about the Need Access forms (I think I was still stuck in undergrad. mode about finaid even though it's been a few years). Even though deadlines haven't passed, I understand the little need-based grant money that does go out for T14s is given on a rolling basis. Am I too late to receive any if I submit it in the next few days? I know not to expect need based aid, but if I'm shut out of the little I could have received because of this brain fart... :cry:

sarahh

Re: Need Access question

Postby sarahh » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:22 pm

janec wrote:I just went through one of my admission packets and realized that I completely forgot to fill out the Need Access forms. I submitted the FAFSA in early January but for some reason completely forgot about the Need Access forms (I think I was still stuck in undergrad. mode about finaid even though it's been a few years). Even though deadlines haven't passed, I understand the little need-based grant money that does go out for T14s is given on a rolling basis. Am I too late to receive any if I submit it in the next few days? I know not to expect need based aid, but if I'm shut out of the little I could have received because of this brain fart... :cry:

Well, all you can do at this point is submit as soon as possible. I think it is still fairly early.

janec

Re: Need Access question

Postby janec » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks for the response. I submitted it today after getting my parents to do their forms quickly. Thank goodness for parents with good filing systems.

Return to “Financial Aid”