Need Access question Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
janec

New

Need Access question

Post by janec » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:14 am

I just went through one of my admission packets and realized that I completely forgot to fill out the Need Access forms. I submitted the FAFSA in early January but for some reason completely forgot about the Need Access forms (I think I was still stuck in undergrad. mode about finaid even though it's been a few years). Even though deadlines haven't passed, I understand the little need-based grant money that does go out for T14s is given on a rolling basis. Am I too late to receive any if I submit it in the next few days? I know not to expect need based aid, but if I'm shut out of the little I could have received because of this brain fart... :cry:

sarahh

Silver

Re: Need Access question

Post by sarahh » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:22 pm

janec wrote:I just went through one of my admission packets and realized that I completely forgot to fill out the Need Access forms. I submitted the FAFSA in early January but for some reason completely forgot about the Need Access forms (I think I was still stuck in undergrad. mode about finaid even though it's been a few years). Even though deadlines haven't passed, I understand the little need-based grant money that does go out for T14s is given on a rolling basis. Am I too late to receive any if I submit it in the next few days? I know not to expect need based aid, but if I'm shut out of the little I could have received because of this brain fart... :cry:
Well, all you can do at this point is submit as soon as possible. I think it is still fairly early.

janec

New

Re: Need Access question

Post by janec » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks for the response. I submitted it today after getting my parents to do their forms quickly. Thank goodness for parents with good filing systems.

Return to “Financial Aid”