UT Matching Program

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
carboy67
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 8:31 pm

UT Matching Program

Postby carboy67 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Does anyone have any experience with UT's Matching Scholarship Program. I just received 120K from WUSTL and was wondering if that would have any pull with UT as a peer school. I don't have a scholarship yet because i didn't have the 3.6 GPA which they require i think to be reviewed. I am in-state, 3.5/171

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: UT Matching Program

Postby JTMan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:31 pm

carboy67 wrote:Does anyone have any experience with UT's Matching Scholarship Program. I just received 120K from WUSTL and was wondering if that would have any pull with UT as a peer school. I don't have a scholarship yet because i didn't have the 3.6 GPA which they require i think to be reviewed. I am in-state, 3.5/171



Sorry I dont have an answer for your question but a question for your comment....if 3.6 is the minimum GPA what's the minimum LSAT for money?

User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: UT Matching Program

Postby francisConn » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:36 pm

carboy67 wrote:Does anyone have any experience with UT's Matching Scholarship Program. I just received 120K from WUSTL and was wondering if that would have any pull with UT as a peer school. I don't have a scholarship yet because i didn't have the 3.6 GPA which they require i think to be reviewed. I am in-state, 3.5/171



We've been discussing this here:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=134282&start=275

But, conclusion basically was that peer schools are T14+Vandy+UCLA and maybe if SMU gives you a full ride or something.

Also, rumor has it that 168 is min. LSAT for Texas scholly, but I'm not certain about that.

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: UT Matching Program

Postby JTMan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:52 pm

francisConn wrote:
carboy67 wrote:Does anyone have any experience with UT's Matching Scholarship Program. I just received 120K from WUSTL and was wondering if that would have any pull with UT as a peer school. I don't have a scholarship yet because i didn't have the 3.6 GPA which they require i think to be reviewed. I am in-state, 3.5/171



We've been discussing this here:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=134282&start=275

But, conclusion basically was that peer schools are T14+Vandy+UCLA and maybe if SMU gives you a full ride or something.

Also, rumor has it that 168 is min. LSAT for Texas scholly, but I'm not certain about that.


Yea thats what I was afraid of.....on LSN there are people with a 167 but they seem to be all URMS....I want money =(

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: UT Matching Program

Postby lisjjen » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:18 pm

So if I have a scholarship with numbers that don't look like that I should thank Jesus, Bevo and Dean Ingram and run with it?

User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: UT Matching Program

Postby francisConn » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:37 pm

lisjjen wrote:So if I have a scholarship with numbers that don't look like that I should thank Jesus, Bevo and Dean Ingram and run with it?



Yes. Also, thank the powerful god we call Urm.

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: UT Matching Program

Postby lisjjen » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:40 pm

francisConn wrote:
lisjjen wrote:So if I have a scholarship with numbers that don't look like that I should thank Jesus, Bevo and Dean Ingram and run with it?



Yes. Also, thank the powerful god we call Urm.


He is a powerful and controversial being. Though I am not always comfortable flourishing in his providence, it would be foolish to incur his wrath by ignoring his bounty.

Army2Law
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: UT Matching Program

Postby Army2Law » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:43 pm

LSAT for $$ is 168 for white and Asian folk.

User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: UT Matching Program

Postby francisConn » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:50 pm

lisjjen wrote:
francisConn wrote:
lisjjen wrote:So if I have a scholarship with numbers that don't look like that I should thank Jesus, Bevo and Dean Ingram and run with it?



Yes. Also, thank the powerful god we call Urm.


He is a powerful and controversial being. Though I am not always comfortable flourishing in his providence, it would be foolish to incur his wrath by ignoring his bounty.


Indeed. Had I his favor I wouldn't hesitate to follow him into glory.

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: UT Matching Program

Postby whitman » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:26 am

Will they match those schools even if your GPA is below 3.6?

User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: UT Matching Program

Postby francisConn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:10 pm

whitman wrote:Will they match those schools even if your GPA is below 3.6?


I believe those numbers cut offs for scholly offers from UT are only for their initial offers. I think it's a whole new ball game once the matching begins.




Return to “Financial Aid”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests