Need Access Question

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
angiej

Re: Need Access Question

Postby angiej » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:39 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
angiej wrote:What the heck is Need Access?

It's like a private version of FAFSA (which you have to pay for) required, in addition to FAFSA, by some schools. There's a lot more estimating of future expenses and income on it.

Ah, I see. Thanks!

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:08 pm

Bumping this real quick...so as dswimmer was saying, I'm not going to get any $$ from my parents for LS. Can I just tell a school that I am in contact with my parents but they are uncooperative and refuse to give me any of their tax information (even if it wasn't true)? I mean how can they check that, right?
Aside from this being a lie, would this be a viable option?

zonto

Postby zonto » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Gotti wrote:Bumping this real quick...so as dswimmer was saying, I'm not going to get any $$ from my parents for LS. Can I just tell a school that I am in contact with my parents but they are uncooperative and refuse to give me any of their tax information (even if it wasn't true)? I mean how can they check that, right?

"I do not believe there is a double standard of morality." - James E. Faust

"There is a vague popular belief that lawyers are necessarily dishonest. I say vague, because when we consider to what extent confidence and honors are reposed in and conferred upon lawyers by the people, it appears improbable that their impression of dishonesty is very distinct and vivid. Yet the impression is common, almost universal. Let no young man [or woman] choosing the law for a calling for a moment yield to the popular belief—resolve to be honest at all events; and if in your own judgment you cannot be an honest lawyer, resolve to be honest without being a lawyer." - Abraham Lincoln

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:09 am

zonto wrote:
Gotti wrote:Bumping this real quick...so as dswimmer was saying, I'm not going to get any $$ from my parents for LS. Can I just tell a school that I am in contact with my parents but they are uncooperative and refuse to give me any of their tax information (even if it wasn't true)? I mean how can they check that, right?

"I do not believe there is a double standard of morality." - James E. Faust

"There is a vague popular belief that lawyers are necessarily dishonest. I say vague, because when we consider to what extent confidence and honors are reposed in and conferred upon lawyers by the people, it appears improbable that their impression of dishonesty is very distinct and vivid. Yet the impression is common, almost universal. Let no young man [or woman] choosing the law for a calling for a moment yield to the popular belief—resolve to be honest at all events; and if in your own judgment you cannot be an honest lawyer, resolve to be honest without being a lawyer." - Abraham Lincoln

a simple "don't lie" would have been enough

getitdone

Postby getitdone » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:14 am

what is needaccess?

getitdone

Postby getitdone » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:15 am

lol nm

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:34 pm

I have a basic Need Access question:

Is it locked after you submit it somewhere? Can you edit it, read it, or not even see it?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:46 pm

ahduth wrote:I have a basic Need Access question:

Is it locked after you submit it somewhere? Can you edit it, read it, or not even see it?

You can see, read, edit, and resubmit. I changed something on mine and resubmitted to NeedAccess and got a confirmation email that I'd submitted again.

sarahh

Postby sarahh » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:49 pm

Even if it were the truth, I don't think it would work. I think for them to make an exception to requiring parental info it would have to be something like: My dad went out for a pack of cigarettes when I was 2 and never came back. I have no idea where he is.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:00 pm

sarahh wrote:

Even if it were the truth, I don't think it would work. I think for them to make an exception to requiring parental info it would have to be something like: My dad went out for a pack of cigarettes when I was 2 and never came back. I have no idea where he is.

Yeaaaa already tried it, it didn't work haha

Return to “Financial Aid”