St. John's Full Scholarship Leverage...Advice Needed

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
btr77

St. John's Full Scholarship Leverage...Advice Needed

Postby btr77 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:03 pm

How far can I take a full ride to St. John's as leverage. I am awaiting financial offers from Brooklyn, Villanova, Temple, Seton Hall, and Hofstra. Aside from Hofstra, can I realistically use the scholarship as a bargaining chip for any of those other schools? If so, is it as simple as writing a generic "increase" letter and making note of the other offer on the table?

Please advise, thanks TLS!

MrPapagiorgio

Re: St. John's Full Scholarship Leverage...Advice Needed

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:42 pm

btr77 wrote:How far can I take a full ride to St. John's as leverage. I am awaiting financial offers from Brooklyn, Villanova, Temple, Seton Hall, and Hofstra. Aside from Hofstra, can I realistically use the scholarship as a bargaining chip for any of those other schools? If so, is it as simple as writing a generic "increase" letter and making note of the other offer on the table?

Please advise, thanks TLS!

Doubt if Brooklyn will give a shit about St. John's scholly. But the others, yea, you may have a shot.

Return to “Financial Aid”