Merit scholarships for state school

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Neidermeyer519

Merit scholarships for state school

Postby Neidermeyer519 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:26 am

Do state schools have to allocate a certain percentage of their scholarship funds to in state residents or are they free to disburse them however? I'm just wondering this because the school I'm most interested in is a public state school.

Knock

Re: Merit scholarships for state school

Postby Knock » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:28 am

Neidermeyer519 wrote:Do state schools have to allocate a certain percentage of their scholarship funds to in state residents or are they free to disburse them however? I'm just wondering this because the school I'm most interested in is a public state school.

What school?

Neidermeyer519

Postby Neidermeyer519 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:36 am

Knock wrote:
Neidermeyer519 wrote:Do state schools have to allocate a certain percentage of their scholarship funds to in state residents or are they free to disburse them however? I'm just wondering this because the school I'm most interested in is a public state school.

What school?

The University of Louisville and University of Kentucky

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:39 am

Not to my knowledge, but I could be wrong.

Some schools have to allocate a certain number of seats to in-state residents and give in-state residents cheaper tuition, but I have never heard of scholarship money being pre-apportioned based on in-state versus out-of-state.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:39 am

Neidermeyer519 wrote:
Knock wrote:

What school?

The University of Louisville and University of Kentucky

Try one of these:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=132957
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=138101

Return to “Financial Aid”