When should I negotiate for a scholarship?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
justhockey31

When should I negotiate for a scholarship?

Postby justhockey31 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:57 pm

I guess the title explains it all...I have been accepted to a few schools and have a couple of scholarships however one of my top choices does not begin giving out scholarship offers to their admitted students till Feb/March. Should I just wait to see if I get something or should I write to them now? Thanks

ran12

Re: When should I negotiate for a scholarship?

Postby ran12 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:59 pm

justhockey31 wrote:I guess the title explains it all...I have been accepted to a few schools and have a couple of scholarships however one of my top choices does not begin giving out scholarship offers to their admitted students till Feb/March. Should I just wait to see if I get something or should I write to them now? Thanks

You should wait b/c you don't know what you'll get and you don't want to come off in a bad light.

justhockey31

Re: When should I negotiate for a scholarship?

Postby justhockey31 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:21 pm

Thanks, I was definitely leaning this way but wasn't sure if I should get a head start because I know the $$ will go quickly

Return to “Financial Aid”