When do I fill out financial aid applications/materials?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
jimmyjimmyjimmy

When do I fill out financial aid applications/materials?

Postby jimmyjimmyjimmy » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:52 pm

Totally confused on this one. All my applications are done, and I heard back from Georgetown today, but when do I need to fill out my financial aid info? Also, will I hear anything about merit scholarships at the time of the acceptance letter or will that all happen this spring?

Thanks for the help.

northwood

Re: When do I fill out financial aid applications/materials?

Postby northwood » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:58 pm

fill out your fasfa in january. You need your tax info, so make sure to have a good idea before you start. Double check with the schools to see when the deadlines are. You can list up to 10 schools on the fasfa report, so you dont need to make a final decision yet. Once you do, you can always update your fasfa and delete schools that you are no longer considering.

as for the scholarships- politely email the schools to see.

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:39 am

northwood wrote:fill out your fasfa in january.

I've been confused about this... I keep reading/hearing that you can fill out the 2011/2012 (updated) fafsa online come Jan. 1st. It appears on their website that this form is already up. Am I wrong on this? Do we still need to wait until Jan. 1st to fill out the fafsa form?

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:57 am

Judge Philip Banks wrote:
northwood wrote:fill out your fasfa in january.

I've been confused about this... I keep reading/hearing that you can fill out the 2011/2012 (updated) fafsa online come Jan. 1st. It appears on their website that this form is already up. Am I wrong on this? Do we still need to wait until Jan. 1st to fill out the fafsa form?

You cannot submit it until after January 1st. I'm sure you can probably fill it out whenever you want.

2011Cycle

Postby 2011Cycle » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:39 am

FAFSA's 2011-2012 Form is available on http://www.fafsa.ed.gov site.

Return to “Financial Aid”