Re-registering for CRS Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
therandom9

New

Re-registering for CRS

Post by therandom9 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:11 am

I took the LSAT in December 2009, and got some fee waiver offers that winter. Then I recently sent out some emails requesting merit-based fee waivers for this application cycle. Some places said yes, some said no, and then I got this reply from Michigan (similar one from Columbia):
Thank you for your interest in Michigan Law. It appears you will qualify for a merit-based fee waiver from Michigan. We distribute our merit-based fee waivers through LSAC's Candidate Referral Service. If you are registered for that service, a fee waiver should appear automatically in your LSAC account. (If you took the LSAT prior to June 2010, you will need to re-register for CRS to be included in this fall's CRS pool.) If you do not see a waiver in your account within two weeks of re-registering, please feel free to contact us again.
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to re-register for CRS on LSAC's site, or if it's even possible. Is the admission's office correct that I can, or am I missing something here?

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Re: Re-registering for CRS

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:20 am

The email is misleading. I think they want you to update your year planning to attend on your CRS profile. You don't actually need to re-register.

Mr. T

Bronze

Post by Mr. T » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:22 am

Yea, sounds like you have your CRS set to 2009 - change it to 2010.

therandom9

New

Post by therandom9 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:22 am

Mr. T wrote:Yea, sounds like you have your CRS set to 2009 - change it to 2010.
Thanks a million.

Although I assume you mean 2011 (year of enrollment).

Mr. T

Bronze

Post by Mr. T » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:27 am

Yes, sorry - typo :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”